Can I get a work permit?

A very common question in Can I get a work permit?

The answer is YES it is possible, but that will depend on certain factors.

For example:

  • If you have a family or marital relationship with a citizen or resident.
  • If you qualify for your employer to sponsor you or for an investor visa.
  • If you qualify for Asylum, TPS, DACA, U Visa, or any immigration benefit.

If you are outside of the United States, a United States-based employer may sponsor you in order to obtain a work permit. If you find yourself in this situation, talk to your employer first and find out the arrangement and terms of employment. Once you have this, contact an immigration attorney to find out what the next steps are.

If you are in the United States illegally, it is possible to obtain a permit or legal stay through a family application, an adjustment of status, or an application for immigration relief such as Asylum, Cancellation of Removal, DACA, TPS, U Visa, among others. If you think you can apply for any of these benefits, it is important that you consult with an immigration attorney about your options before beginning any paperwork on your own.

Whatever your situation, the process can be confusing or there are different options. Feel free to contact our team of specialists for a free consultation at 855-900-3429.