Manuel Diaz Scholarship
Manuel Diaz Law Firm, PC, is a leading law firm in the State of Texas with offices in Dallas, Ft. Worth, and San Antonio. As a law firm, we have successfully helped thousands of families navigate the legal system. Our attorneys advocate for those who do not have a voice and guide them through the complexities of the legal system.
As leaders in the Hispanic/Latino community, we know that the COVID-19 pandemic has deeply affected our beloved community. It has impacted jobs in the US and throughout the hemisphere. The Manuel Diaz Law Firm, PC is committed to helping Hispanic/Latino students pursue and pay for their studies. Along with generous sponsorship from Somos LOUD, attorney Manuel Diaz will be offering ten (10) scholarships in the amount of five hundred dollars ($500) for each recipient. The scholarship covers educational expenses, such as tuition, books, etc. We encourage all who meet the eligibility requirements to apply. The winners of this scholarship will be announced on Monday, August 3rd, 2020 via social media and will receive official notification by e-mail.
Somos LOUD is an AIDS Healthcare Foundation affinity group that seeks to address the social and health disparities that remain a threat to Latino communities through innovative strategies and community mobilization.
Requisitos de elegibilidad para becas
Para calificar para la beca de la firma de abogados Manuel Díaz, PC, debe cumplir con los siguientes requisitos:
- Eligible applicants must be of Hispanic/Latino heritage and reside in the State of Texas.
- Eligible applicants must be a US Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, DACA or Eligible Non-Citizen.
- Eligible applicants can be a high school graduate, undergraduate student, or graduate student accepted to and enrolled in an accredited college or university. Please note that undergraduate and graduate students with full academic scholarships are not eligible to apply. Students receiving partial scholarships are encouraged to apply.
- Los solicitantes elegibles deben tener un mínimo de 3.0 GPA en una escala de 4.0 (o equivalente).
- Eligible applicants must complete federal or state based financial aid application.
All eligible applicants must complete an online application by our new deadline at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, July 26, 2020. In addition, applicants must submit a 500-word essay which outlines his or her professional and/or academic achievements, volunteer work that he or she has completed, why he or she is applying for this scholarship and what professional role he or she hopes to fulfill in the Hispanic/Latino community upon completion of graduate or undergraduate studies. Recipients will be announced on August 3rd, 2020 via email and social media and will be given instructions on how and where to pick up the award.
- Ensayo de 500 palabras
- Reanudar, destacando los logros académicos y profesionales.
- Una carta de recomendación de un líder / organización comunitaria
- Una carta de aceptación oficial, si el estudiante es un recién graduado de la escuela secundaria.
- Copy of official transcript
- Copia de SAR (Informe de Ayuda Estudiantil)