Diaz Law Firm

Texas Immigration Lawyers

Manuel Diaz Law Firm – immigration attorneys you can trust

It has been estimated that since 2015, 4.7 million foreign-born residents have called the state of Texas home. That’s about 17% of the state’s population! We believe this segment of the population deserves representation and advocacy the same as any US citizen.

It’s no secret that Texas is a hot spot for immigration, with the state’s diverse culture, top educational institutions, beautiful weather, low cost of living compared to many other US states, fast-growing cities, and boundless opportunities to pursue various career paths ranking among the top driving factors for immigration in the state.

Immigrants are an essential part of the success of industry in Texas by providing unique skills and adding cultural richness to towns and cities all over the state. However, when considering a move to Texas or the United States in general, it’s important to understand the current immigration process, laws, and rights afforded to immigrants. 

At Manuel Diaz Law Firm, PC, we strive to fight for the rights of all those looking to migrate to the United States, including asylum seekers and undocumented immigrants from all wakes of life as they navigate the often complicated immigration process. Our team of immigration attorneys are some of the best and most highly recommended in the state of Texas. Whether you are looking to move to Texas for the first time, are looking to upgrade from non-immigrant to immigrant status, or are an undocumented immigrant trying to navigate Texas immigration law, our lawyers are here to help.


Manuel Diaz Law Firm – immigration attorneys you can trust

Beginning the immigration process can often feel complicated and intimidating. Before you start planning your move, it’s important to understand what your options are and what steps need to be taken to jump-start the process to a green card or citizenship using your chosen path.  

The three most common paths to immigration into Texas and the rest of the United States are through family ties, employment, or seeking asylum.

Family-based Immigration

If you have a family member who is already a US citizen or lawful permanent resident, they can petition for a green card on your behalf. The steps for immigration based on family status defer depending on the relationship between the petitioner and the potential immigrant in question. Family members who can petition for a relative’s green card include spouses, parents, children, and siblings.


Immigration via Employment

If you are already living and working in Texas on an employment visa, it is sometimes possible to upgrade your status to permanent residency. This path to citizenship or permanent residency is not possible for all foreign workers and depends on the terms of your employment visa and field of employment. Our immigration attorneys can determine if you are a good candidate for immigration based on employment. 

Seeking Asylum or Humanitarian Relief

Immigration based on humanitarian relief efforts such as seeing asylum or refugee status from a country that is in the midst of war or other political turmoil is becoming increasingly common due to the increasing instability of many countries in the world. Victims of persecution, human trafficking, or survivors of other crimes committed and reported in the US may also qualify for immigration under the U visa.







When your loved ones live in another country, your highest priority is to be reunited with your family. The process can be long, and complicated.

Our firm can help you apply for:

  • K1 fiancé Visa – Allows a U.S. citizen to sponsor their fiancé so that they can come to the U.S. and get married. Once married, they can then apply for a Green Card.
  • K3 Visa – Allows a U.S. citizen who is already married to sponsor their spouse so that they can join them in the U.S. while they wait for their Green Card application to be processed.
  • IR Green Card (Immediate Relative) – Allows a U.S. citizen to sponsor their spouses, children, and parents while they apply for a Green Card.
  • F1 & F3 Green Cards – Allows a U.S. citizen to sponsor their children and allows the children to become permanent U.S. residents.
  • F2 Green Card – Similar to the F1-F3 Green Card, except it allows permanent residents of the U.S. to sponsor their spouse and children while they apply for a Green Card.
  • F4 Green Card – Allows U.S. citizens to sponsor their brothers and sisters while they apply for permanent residence.
  • Renew Green Card
  • Citizenship

Other relative of a U.S. citizen or relative of a lawful permanent resident under the family-based preference categories

  • Family member of a U.S. citizen, meaning you are the:
    • Unmarried son or daughter of a U.S. citizen and you are 21 years old or older
    • Married son or daughter of a U.S. citizen
    • Brother or sister of a U.S. citizen who is at least 21 years old
  • Family member of a lawful permanent resident, meaning you are the:
    • Spouse of a lawful permanent resident
    • Unmarried child under the age of 21 of a lawful permanent resident
    • Unmarried son or daughter of a lawful permanent resident 21 years old or older

If you meet certain requirements, you may become a U.S. citizen either at birth or after birth

To become a citizen at birth, you must:

  • Have been born in the United States or certain territories or outlying possessions of the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction of the United States; OR
  • Had a parent or parents who were citizens at the time of your birth (if you were born abroad) and meet other requirements

To become a citizen after birth, you must:

  • Apply for “derived” or “acquired” citizenship through parents
  • Apply for naturalization

Our Immigration attorneys will help you consider your options, carefully prepare the necessary forms and documents, counsel you through any interviews with immigration officials, and see you through to reuniting your family. For a free consultation, call our office today at 855-900-3429.


Attorney Manuel Diaz and his staff understand how stressful and frightening the process can be when you or a loved is faced with a removal “deportation” proceedings or an appeal. Let our experienced attorneys handle your case, whether it’s before an Immigration Court, the Board of Immigration Appeals or a Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.

Our firm can help you:

  • Fight an Immigration Detention
  • Cancellation of Removal
  • Terminating or administratively closing removal proceedings
  • Waivers of inadmissibility
  • Adjustment of status and readjustment of status
  • Voluntary departure

For a free consultation with an immigration attorney, call 855-900-3429 today!






The immigration process in general is complicated, but the immigration process related to employment adds a layer of complexity by the nature of the rules, laws, requirements, and conditions surrounding the already challenging process. Our firm can help with:
  • Business Based Non-Immigrant Visas
  • Business Based Permanent Residency
  • I-9 and E-Verify Compliance
  • E-1 and E-2 Visas – Trader Investor Visas
  • EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program
  • Industry Solutions- – E2 and EB5 Visas
Let our experienced Immigration attorneys help you with this burden. For a free consultation with an attorney, call < a href="tel:855-900-3429">855-900-3429


On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced that certain people who came to the United States as children and meet several guidelines may request consideration of deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal. They are also eligible for work authorization. Deferred action is a use of prosecutorial discretion to defer removal action against an individual for a certain period of time. Deferred action does not provide lawful status.

Our firm can help you:

  • Renew DACA
  • Apply for Advance Parole
  • Fill out and send new aplication

On the 17th day of July, 2020 the United States District Court for the District of Maryland, ORDERED that:

  1. The Court ADJUDGES AND DECLARES that the DACA rescission and actions taken by Defendants to rescind the DACA policy are arbitrary and capricious, in violation of 5 U.S.C. § 706(2)(A);
  2. The rescission of the DACA policy is VACATED, and the policy is restored to its pre-September 5, 2017 status;2
  3. Defendants and their agents, servants, employees, attorneys, and all persons in active concert or participation with any of them, are ENJOINED from implementing or enforcing the DACA rescission and from taking any other action to rescind DACA that is not in compliance with applicable law;3
  4. Plaintiff’s estoppel claim and request for an injunction as it pertains to DACA’s information-sharing policies are DENIED;4


  • Under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
  • Is at least 15 years old (unless in removal proceedings);
  • Came to the United States before reaching 16th birthday;
  • Has continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
  • Was physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012;
  • Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, OR if entered with a visa, the I-94 (permiso) expired on or before June 15, 2012;
  • School Requirement:
    • Is currently in school (including a GED program), or
    • Graduated high school, or
    • Obtained a certificate of completion from high school, or
    • Has a GED, or
    • Is an honorably discharged veteran;
  • Criminal History:
    • No felonies (criminal offense punishable with jail time for 1 year or more)
    • No significant misdemeanors (regardless of sentence imposed)
      • Domestic Violence
      • Sexual abuse or exploitation
      • Burglary
      • Unlawful possession or use of a firearm
      • Drug distribution or trafficking
      • Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
  • No misdemeanor in which sentenced to and served 90 days’ jail time
  • Does not have three or more other misdemeanors, not arising together from the same act.
  • No gang affiliations


Who Can Renew

  • You may request a renewal if you met the initial 2012 DACA guidelines and you:
  • Did not depart the United States on or after Aug. 15, 2012, without advance parole;
  • Have continuously resided in the United States since you submitted your most recent DACA request that was approved; and
  • Have not been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, or three or more misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.

When to Renew

  • USCIS’ current goal is to process DACA renewal requests within 120 days.

If you have questions regarding eligibility or the renewal process, give us a call at 855-900-3429 for a free consultation.





Navigating the complexities of the U.S. Immigrations Laws can be overwhelming. Aside from asylum and refugees, the U.S. offers several other humanitarian immigration options for individuals in need of help. Let our experienced lawyer’s asses your case and provide you with professional legal advice. Call our office at 855-900-3429 for a free consultation.

Our office can help with:

  • Estatus protegido temporal (TPS).
  • I-589, Solicitud de asilo y de retención de expulsión.
  • Ley de Violencia contra la Mujer (VAMA) bajo la Ley de Inmigración y Nacionalidad (INA).
  • Estatus de No Inmigrante U (Visa U).
  • Estatus “T” de No Inmigrante (T Visa).

Give us a call at 855-900-3429 for a free consultation with an attorney.


Has been granted for a period of 18 months, until September 9, 2022.

Will be eligible for extensions if country conditions remain the same in Venezuela.

To be eligible for TPS, you must:
  • Be a national of a country designated for TPS (Venezuela);
  • File during the open initial registration (03/09/2021 – 09/05/2021);
  • Have been continuously physically present (CPP) in the United States since March 9, 2021; and
  • Have been continuously resided (CR) in the United States since March 8, 2021
You may NOT be eligible for TPS if you:
  • Have been convicted of any felony or two or more misdemeanors committed in the United States.
  • Are found inadmissible undergrounds in INA section 212(a) (screen for criminal history and detentions/apprehensions/removals).
  • Are subject to any of the mandatory bars to asylum which includes, but are not limited to, participating in the persecution of another individual or engaging in or inciting terrorist activity.
If qualify, can concurrently file:
  • I-821 TPS and I-765 Application for Work Authorization
  • Filing fee: $545
Can also concurrently file:
  • I-131Application for Advance Parole
  • Filing fee: $575
For more information or a free consultation with an immigration attorney please call us at 855-900-3429. We are available 24/7

Eligibility and Employment Authorization for DED

Eligibility and Employment Authorization for DED

Deferred Enforced Departure for Venezuelans

Deferred Enforced Departure is in effect until July 20, 2022.

  • Venezuelan national
  • Present in the United States as of January 20, 2021
  • Those who have voluntarily returned to Venezuela
  • Those deported or removed, before January 20, 2021
  • Those who have not continuously resided in the United States since January 20, 2021
  • Inadmissible under section 212(a)(3) of the INA (security-related grounds)
  • Removable under section 237(a)(4) of the INA (security-related grounds)
  • Convicted of any felony or two or more misdemeanors committed in the United States
  • Those who are barred from asylum under INA 208(b)(2) including, but not limited to:
  • Persecution of others
  • Convicted of a particularly serious crime as defined under immigration law
  • Those who have engaged in terrorist activities or pose a danger to the security
  • Firm resettlement in another country prior to entering the United States
  • Those who are subject to extradition
  • Those who pose a danger to public safety or security of the US
  • Filing Fee: $410 (can change)
For more information or a free consultation with an immigration attorney please call us at 855-900-3429. We are available 24/7

Meet Our Immigration Attorneys

Andrea Aguilar

Immigration Law

Marie Galindo

Marie Galindo

Immigration Law

Texas State Immigration Laws

Immigration law in Texas is one of the most complex areas of law. While it is possible to apply for immigration visas and green cards without the help of an experienced immigration attorney, a good lawyer can help streamline the process and increase your chances of success. Our team of immigration attorneys at Manuel Diaz Law Firm, PC are always up to date on the latest reforms and the best methods to help those wishing to live permanently in the United States find a clear path toward legal immigration, whether you are just starting the immigration process from abroad or already residing in Texas as an undocumented immigrant or non-immigrant. 

Some of the frequently asked questions we hear regarding Texas immigration law from those wishing to live and work in Texas include: 

Immigrant status is given to anyone who is applying to reside in the United States permanently, for example, an individual who is applying for residency via a spouse or other family member. 

A non-immigrant is someone who is applying for a visa to live in the United States on a more temporary basis. Common examples of non-immigrants include students, those coming to Texas for temporary employment, or those visiting family members for a specific amount of time. A non-immigrant is not the same as an undocumented immigrant. 

Yes! A non-immigrant has several options to change their immigration status and start on the path to permanent residence or even citizenship. The path toward upgrading your immigrant status differs depending on your individual circumstances. Our immigration lawyers can help determine the best path for you to change or alter your status and apply for a green card.

Even though you may not have a green card or citizenship yet, you still have rights under Texas law. Oftentimes, others may try to take advantage of your immigrant status such as employers subjecting you to unfair labor practices or trying to deny you the employment benefits you deserve or partners subjecting spouses to abuse and violence. In such cases, our immigration lawyers can help you file the necessary legal complaints in order to hold these citizens accountable for their actions. To learn more about your rights as an immigrant, contact our office today!

While it isn’t always easy, it is possible for an undocumented immigrant to apply for a green card and eventually citizenship in the United States. Our attorneys can evaluate your case and help determine the best path towards citizenship. 

Once you’ve established your preferred path to immigration, our immigration attorneys can help guide you through the process of acquiring your immigration visa or permanent resident green card. Some of these steps might include:

  • Filling out and filing sponsorship paperwork if you are immigrating through family or employment
  • Walking you through the application process
  • Helping assure you have all the necessary documents
  • Applying for your selected visa
  • Applying for your green card
  • Petitioning for an appeal if your application is denied for any reason
  • Filing for a change or adjustment of status
  • Helping you navigate the process of switching from non-immigrant to immigrant status
  • Filing for political asylum
  • Applying for refugee status
  • Acquiring your labor certification
  • Gathering evidence
  • Filing a motion to reconsider
  • Applying for permanent residence based on the violence against women act
  • Preparing you for your citizenship interview
  • Filing naturalization paperwork
  • Applying for residency by investment
  • Filing for visa extensions
  • Applying for immigration benefits 
Whatever your reasons are for deciding to make a new start in the great state of Texas, Manuel Diaz Law Firm, PC features a team of the best immigration lawyers in Dallas, Fort Worth, and San Antonio to help you navigate the process with ease. Consultations are always free and confidential. Call us today at 855-900-3429